Saturday 15 June 2013

Nivea Express Hydration Primer

 
I have had an awful lot of trouble finding skincare products that don’t bring me up in a rash, break me out or just cause me a lot of havoc and discomfort after applying, but I picked this Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer up in my local Tesco store when it first came out just to give it a go and it has helped me incredibly. I didn’t rush to write a review on the product straight away as I wanted to see if it was long-lasting and didn’t break me out or cause me trouble in the long run. But here we are and it has become a staple piece in my skincare routine.
 
It comes in the little pot as shown above in the picture which holds 50ml of product, it’s just simple packaging – nothing too fancy as Nivea is a cheap drugstore brand. I picked up the normal & combination skin option, but I am 99% sure that there is a dry & sensitive alternative available as well.
I apply a small amount to my face every morning after using a toner, letting it to sink in first before going on and applying my makeup. The texture is really light, as if nothing is there – much unlike other moisturisers and primers I have used in the past. Once on the face, it sinks in within a minute or so, leaving my face smooth and fresh – again, as if I hadn’t applied anything at all. When applying base makeup, whether it is just concealer or foundation it always goes on easily and looks less dewy or ‘caked on’. I found that when using other primers it only acted as another layer on my face, which ended up with my makeup looking too thick and unnatural, but with this it is the exact opposite.
Nivea put this down to it being enriched with Vitamins & natural Lotus Extract which help provide an even smooth base for effective makeup application and helps makeup stay put throughout the day. I would totally agree with this as I find myself not needing to touch up my face throughout the day.
Normally in a review this would be the part where there would be some cons to the product but I literally cannot think of any! I would recommend this to anyone as it is so durable and totally worth the mere 5 or so pounds that it costs. You can pick this product up in drugstores such as Boots or Superdrug and supermarkets like Tesco, ASDA, etc. I will definitely be re-purchasing this products and trying out other products from the Nivea range in the future!
Have you tried this product before? How did you get on with it?
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment